Monday, March 1, 2010

I am not easily impressed.

Kristen here: I am a total food snob, I admit it! However, I was so thoroughly impressed by the brownie that my blog buddy dropped in my mail box this morning, that I had to stick a note up about it!  All 3 of you that are following this...read her post and try the brownies! They are to die for!  Possibly the best brownie I have ever eaten. Here's why: 1- Texture: They were perfectly fudgy without appearing or tasting under done (a common mistake for many well meaning brownie bakers).  2- Impeccable ingredients: The nuts were perfectly fresh (I have eaten several brownies with rancid nuts in them: nuts must be stored in the refrigerator- they are delicate and the oils in them turn rancid quickly!)  The chocolate had a very poignant, rich dark chocolate flavor- not overly sweet, waxy, or chemically.  Since chocolate is the star ingredient, it needs to be excellent quality.  Trader Joes does a good job with their chocolate, the quality is great and the price is quite reasonable.  Cheap chocolate can also result in a greasy baked good.  These were delightfully moist, but not at all greasy. 3- Butter!  Oil in brownies is inexcusable.  4- Coffee: nothing highlights the flavor of chocolate like a little espresso!
Marina, I whole heartedly concur: outrageously good.  My sincere commendations.

No comments:

Post a Comment