Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Refreshing Fruit Salad

Marina here: my dinner plans for making Asian Grilled Salmon got turned upside down when they ran out of salmon at Savemart (it was on sale for $4.99/lb).  So - instead, we had brinner (breakfast for dinner).  I tried to make ham and cheese omelettes, but we ended up with scrambled eggs with ham and cheese :)  And I made a modified version of Barefoot Contessa's french toast - very, very tasty!!  But the highlight was her Fruit Salad with Limoncello (Family Style book) for dessert!  Wow! 

I started by slicing up some strawberries, adding blueberries and raspberries (the recipe also calls for bananas, but Greg doesn't like bananas so I only added those to my plate).  Already this sounds fantastic, doesn't it?  I bet in the summer, when the strawberries are really in season and perfectly sweet - this will be even better! 
The yogurt sauce was just dreamy!  It turned out a little more runny than I expected or would have preferred, so maybe next time less...yogurt?  Not sure...  But the taste was wonderful and refreshing.  I love anything lemon too, so this recipe was sure to please. 
Notes - Trader Joe's has the best Lemon Curd and I found the Limoncello Liquer there also. 

Anyone that would love to serve a light and lovely fruit salad but hates the idea of serving yet another potluck-y jello fruit salad-type dish - this is a beautiful upgrade!

No comments:

Post a Comment