Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Totally behind, but still cooking...


Kristen here: I am now officially two soups, two salads, one gratin, and one crisp behind on my blogging venture. All have been cooked and photographed, but I have yet to write a single review.  On second thought, let's add to that one cheese danish as well.  But, I have a completely logical reason: E.B.White.  (As in the author.)  My Brady studied Charlotte's Web in his Kindergarten class.  At the culmination of this study, his class had a literature day party.  His Kindergarten teacher asked if I would be willing to make a farm cake for the children to enjoy as part of their celebration.  I jumped at the chance, and among other things, it turned out to be a great excuse to hang out with my friend Sarah (pictured, right).  On top of that, Mom popularity with the Kindergarten set is most readily achieved by arriving with pounds of sugar in the shape of something cute.  So, all of last week was devoted to hunting down the proper supplies to construct Wilbur, his buddies, and their residence.  Didn't Brady make a cute Templeton?  But, that ship has now sailed...more food blogging to come soon...

1 comment:

  1. I am amazed at that cake!!! Looks like it was a blast to make. Was Brady the proudest kindergarden-er when you walked in with it?

    ReplyDelete