Monday, March 8, 2010

Terrific Tiramisu


Marina here: reporting on Barefoot Contessa's Tiramisu (Family Style cookbook).  My first time making this dessert - it turned out quite terrific!  It was especially impressive because Greg and my friend Nanette, both of who don't usually prefer tiramisu, actually liked this recipe! 


My favorite parts about the recipe: very easy to follow - no baking needed - can make it ahead of time.

A couple of notes: this dessert is very light and going forward, it'll be important for me to serve it after the right kind of dinner.  Also, it's not like a brownie or a cobbler - a universal dessert, I think - so I'll remember to be mindful of who I'm serving the desser to - though not overpowering, it does have quite a distinct flavor (rum and espresso).  The recipe calls for ladyfingers and not every store carries them - look at the Nugget or Safeway, they usually have them. 

Coming up this week: Asian Grilled Salmon with roasted carrots and parsnips, the Roasted Tomato and Basil soup, and the Fruit Salad with Lemoncello.  Can't wait!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment